Sunday, April 15, 2012

Marketing Class blog for 4-11-2012

We didn’t have class last week due to Entrepreneur week.

This week we read chapter 15 in our book, it was on Advertising and public relations.  We learned about: The effects of advertising, Major types of Advertising, Creative decisions in advertising, Media Decisions in advertising, and public relations.

The part I found most interesting is, the major types of advertising.  Before reading this chapter I hadn’t realized all the different forms of advertising and what the most effective was.  I had thought that one of the best ways to have market selectivity would have been television (I was proved wrong on the exam), instead it is magazines, because magazines are selected according to such things as: age, hobbies, sex, race, and marital status.  So there for advertising in magazines can be geared to that exact group of people you are looking for.  The different kinds of advertising will become useful knowledge in my future; therefore, I know my choices for how and where to advertise.

No comments:

Post a Comment